We are pleased to announce that Wheeler Fabrications Ltd is now ISO 9001:2015 certified.
What is ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 is an international standard for quality managment systems. Our ISO 9001:2015 certification reassures our customers that we have shown that we can reliably offer product manufacture and design services that have met or exceeded customer (and regulatory) requirements.
It is probably the most popular and well known ISO 9000 standard, it is also the only standard in the series which organizations can gain certification in. The 9001 standard was created in 1987 but ISO 9001:2015 standard was finalized in September 2015.
What Is It Useful For?
Organizations use this standard to help them organize processes, improve process efficiency and continually improve their service and operations.
Gaining QMS certification and working with other similarly certified companies helps to ensure that quality and efficiency is maintained accross the entire supply and manufacture chain. This brings confidence between businesses and consumers.
What Does It Cover?
ISO 9001:2015 uses a plan-do-check-act methodology with a process-oriented approach to structure, responsibilities and procedures for quality assurance management.
Requirements laid down by the ISO include:
- Requirements for a quality management system (documentation, planning and specifying interactive processes)
- Management responsibilities
- Resource managment (human resources, materials and working environment)
- Product creation (design to delivery)
- Audited measurement, analysis & improvement of QMS
It is also designed to adapt to changing organizations environments by:
- Introducing & adapting to new terminology
- Restructuring information as necessary
- Emphasising risk-based thinking to enhance processes
- Making services ever more applicable
- Increasing requirements made of leadership teams.